46) Why do you call Me, Lord, Lord, and do not [practice] what I tell you?
Luke 9:23-25 AMP
23) And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also].
24) For whoever would preserve his life and save it will lose and destroy it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he will preserve and save it [from the penalty of eternal death].
25) For what does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and ruins or forfeits (loses) himself?
Luke 12:19-21 NIV
19) 'And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink, and be merry." '
20) "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
21) "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."
I am more and more convinced that there are going to be many, many very surprised people who have answered an altar call and have continued to live for themselves, all masked in the cloak of Christianity. I am also deeply concerned for those teachers who have allowed them to remain in their complacency.