"Be careful that you don't become complacent during times of ease and comfort. It is important that you seize these times to refocus and readjust, making sure that you have not moved from My calling during the times of pressure. Come close to Me. I will refresh your heart. I will comfort your spirit and give you strength to continue on. I will adjust your perspective and clear your vision.
"When you are involved in a battle, it is easy to place emphasis on winning the battle, rather than seeing the larger picture of My overall plan. It is easy to limit Me when there is peril. It is in times of rest that you will be reminded of My motives and My reasons for your life.
"You are of great value to Me. Never even entertain the idea that I have forgotten you or have not noticed your situation. I am always with you. Whether you stand in the midst of great peril, or rest by a quiet stream, I am with you. That is My way."
Pr. 3:5-6 AMP
5) Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
6) In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
Isa. 30:15, 18 AMP
15) For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. But you would not,
18) And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him, [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!
Isa. 40:31 AMP
But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.
Matt. 10:29-31 AMP
29) Are not two little sparrows sold for a penny? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's leave (consent) and notice.
30) But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31) Fear not, then; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Heb. 13:5b AMP
... for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
Once we submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, every moment of every day is His. We have been purchased. Our lives are owned by another. No longer our own, our lives are to be in full submission to our Lord.
The plan of God is that no one should perish. Through us, He continually brings the knowledge of Christ to everyone we meet, so that they might see and embrace Him. We represent Him whether in difficult times or in times of ease and comfort.
When we go through difficult times, it is easy to focus on removing ourselves from the pressures that accompany them. We can become self-focused, attempting to be delivered. The best interests of God and others can be placed on a shelf, far behind our own needs during these times. We all have a tendency to forget that this life is not all about us, but about God and His plans.
In times of rest, our Father can bring us back to His perspectives, if we allow Him to do so. He can again show us the reality of why we have been bought and what our purpose on this earth is, while reminding us of the wonder of what is in store for us because of what Jesus has done. Our life in Christ becomes clear again.
Draw me to You, Lord,