"When all the systems of men fail, I am there. When the places of safety disappear, I am your strong tower. I will always be there wherever and whenever you have need of any kind.
"I ask you this! Why would you wait for all of your worldly resources to fail before you call upon Me? Why would you not build Our relationship now so that We can overcome and prosper when times are difficult, instead of simply solving immediate needs?
"I am interested in a long-term relationship. Jesus has provided access to My inner chamber any time you come to Me in His Name. Why would you wait until you are in distress? You miss so much. You miss so much of what We can have together. Come now! Don't wait until your panic limits Our intimacy."
Psalm 3:1-6 AMP
1) Lord, How they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2) Many are saying of me, there is no help for him in God. Selah [pause and calmly think of that]!
3) But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4) With my voice I cry to the Lord and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause and calmly think of that]!
5) I lay down and slept, I awakened again, for the Lord sustains me.
6) I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
Psalm 20:6-7 AMP
6) Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.
7) Some trust in and boast of chariots and some of horses, but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God.
For many years I thought of God as being off in the distance somewhere, too big and too busy to have time for someone like me. Only after the Lord showed me how much that kind of thinking offended Him was I able to understand what the cross was all about. Jesus died so that you and I could have access to our heavenly Father. He lives to interact with us on an intimate level. Yes, He is Lord! Yes, the Godhead is holy! In spite of that and because of that, Father God has provided an immeasurable privilege that is given to us once we have surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus. He has given us the covenant right to come close to Him. Incredible!
Teach me who I am in You, Lord,