"How have you responded when I have called you to do something for Me? Have you done what I asked you to do? Have you followed through with what I placed on your heart, no matter how hard the task might be? You should know that all of my requests are tests, so that you can see if I can trust you. I am asking you to be faithful with small amounts, so that I can trust you with much more.
"Do you see how important it is for Me to have people I can rely upon? As times become more difficult, those who have learned to follow my heart without question will not be distracted by the peril all around them. They will be obedient no matter what. Learn to be obedient to My heart now! Learn to follow through with what you are called to do, no matter how hard it is for you. There is much need! There is much to do! I desire to use you. Learn to live My way now. I will be able to use you in a greater capacity then."
Matthew 25:14-30 NIV
14) "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them.
15) To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
16) The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more.
17) So also, the one with the two talents gained two more.
18) But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
19) "After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.
20) The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'
21) "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
22) "The man with the two talents also came. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.'
23) "His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
24) "Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25) So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'
26) "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27) Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28) " 'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.
29) For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.
30) And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'"
Obedience to the heart of God is very difficult in the beginning. It takes a determination to decide to do things God's way rather than our own. What is amazing, however, is the fact that the more we respond positively, the easier it gets. In fact, after responding to the Lord with many "yeses," it becomes a wonderfully fulfilling lifestyle. We eventually cannot fathom living without doing His will and work. It becomes as important as food and water.
Become my food and water, Lord,