"You are wise when you fully comprehend Who I am as God. It is the beginning of life for you. Until then, it is impossible for you to have what is needed to live the life of Jesus in your world. I am willing to show you deep truths from My heart. All you need to do is come to Me with an open heart. Humble yourself. Acknowledge that you do not have all the answers. Ask for truth. Strive for intimacy. Make Our time together a priority in your life. I will show you Who I am. I will also reveal who you really are and how important your life is to Me. That is a good thing."
Psalm 25:12-14 NIV
12) Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
13) He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
14) The Lord confides in those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them.
Psalm 46:10 NIV
Be still, and know that I am God...
Proverbs 1:7 NIV
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
James 4: 8-10 AMP
8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
9) [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
10) Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].
As you grow in Christ, you must learn to joyfully embrace a life of repentance. Delight in what God is doing in you as you are shown who you are not. Understand that you are still very welcome in His presence. You are a deeply loved work in progress. Submission to the changes the Lord is making in you develops your ability to present Jesus to the world, which is your heritage and God's original plan for your life. He knows who you are and everything you are not. Real heart changes are needed in all of us and can only take place when spending quality time with Him to know His heart, and looking to Him alone for all things.
Teach me about You, Lord,