"Few of My children travel the narrow road to holiness. Most choose to remain where they are with some attachments to the world in their hearts. Not only is that foolish, but it grieves My heart. They miss so much. They could feast from full meals of My provision, but they are satisfied with simple nourishment.
As you make your daily choices, begin to choose My ways throughout your days. Make proper use of what I have provided for you. Ingest My Word. Become nourished on the things that I hold dear. Head toward holiness. It is where you have been reborn to live."
Hebrews 10:14b NIV
...because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
I Peter 1:13-19 NIV
13) Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
14) As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
15) But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;
16) for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
17) Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
18) For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,
19) but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
The concept of holiness often eludes us. We generally see it as this unattainable goal, available only for those "other" Christians like Paul, Peter, and Mary - you know, those holy guys and gals.
Father God says, "Be holy, because I am holy." That means that holiness - a state of heart attitude in full accord with the heart of God and complete freedom from any attachments to the world - is available to any of us who have been made new through the blood of Jesus. I wonder why we are foolish enough that we don't pursue it with all of our hearts?
I want to be holy, Lord,