“There will come a day when you cease to offend Me with your sin. The things that have for so long beset you will no longer belong to you. I will have changed you. I will have placed the desires of Jesus in you. You will want only My will for your life. You will be free from the spoils of the world. It is a completed work for those who continue to submit to Me. It is a promise from My Word. Keep turning from your sin by the power of My Holy Spirit. Keep coming to Me when you need My mercy. Keep opening your heart to My grace in your time of need. I will be there for you. My kindness will eventually cause you to desire to no longer offend Me.”
Psalm 103:10-12 NIV
10) …he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
11) For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
12) as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Ezekiel 36:26-27 NIV
26) I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
27) And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Romans 2:4 NIV
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance?
The above verse in Romans always brought me to express my wonder of the ways of God. You would think that the power or the majesty or the fear of or the knowledge of God would be the reasons we eventually come to the point of no longer offending God with our sin. But kindness!
One day I went to God for the umpteenth time with my sin and finally understood the concept of His kindness bringing about a change in me when I reflected on the fact that because of what Jesus had done for me at the cross, I could go to Him as many more times as I needed. Over and over I offended Him. Over and over He forgave me. What incredible kindness! What astounding mercy! I am convinced that one day His Word will perform a forever healing in me, bringing me to forever repentance.
Thank You for Your kindness, Lord,