“Now is not the time to make eternal mistakes. Make sure that what you believe and who you are listening to align perfectly with My Word. If you have become complacent in your relationship with Me, do what it takes to draw close now. If you are not in My Word to have solid foundation for what you believe, drop everything and go there. If you have friends who say they know the Lord but are not serious about honoring Jesus, or care little about the sin in their lives, walk away from them. They are stumbling blocks and will hinder you from drawing close yourself.
"Whatever is consuming your time, whatever is hindering you from drawing close, whatever is stopping you from making Me your priority, remove it or nullify its influence on you. Time is too short to play spiritual games.”
Haggai 1:7-10 AMP
7) Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways (your previous and present conduct) and how you have fared.
8) Go up to the hill country and bring lumber and rebuild [My] house, and I will take pleasure in it and I will be glorified, says the Lord [by accepting it as done for My glory and displaying My glory in it].
9) You looked for much [harvest], and behold, it came to little; and even when you brought that home, I blew it away. Why? says the Lord of hosts. Because of My house, which lies waste while you yourselves run each man to his own house [eager to build and adorn it].
10) Therefore the heavens above you [for your sake] withhold the dew, and the earth withholds its produce.
Mark 4:24 AMP
And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. The measure [of thought and study] you give [to the truth you hear] will be the measure [of virtue and knowledge] that comes back to you – and more [besides] will be given to you who hear.
Acts 15:36-40 AMP
36) And after some time Paul said to Barnabas, Come, let us go back and again visit and help and minister to the brethren in every town where we made known the message of the Lord, and see how they are getting along.
37) Now Barnabas wanted to take with them John called Mark [his near relative].
38) But Paul did not think it best to have along with them the one who had quit and deserted them in Pamphylia and had not gone on with them to the work.
39) And there followed a sharp disagreement between them, so that they separated from each other, and Barnabas took Mark with him and sailed away to Cyprus.
40) But Paul selected Silas and set out, being commended by the brethren to the grace (the favor and mercy) of the Lord.
Walking with the Lord is serious stuff. In fact, our relationship with Jesus is the most important relationship we will ever have. Why, then, is it placed behind most everything that seems more urgent or fun?
I am noticing that the Lord has noticed our reversed priorities. This is a topic He addresses quite regularly. He is serious; I think that we had better get serious.
Change my heart, Lord,