“You need to guard your heart in the coming times. There are many ways in which the enemy has access to you. He will use any means to rob you of your relationship with Me. I know that you have learned to place yourself in My hands and use My Word to protect yourself from the deceits with which you are familiar, but many unfamiliar forms of treachery are on the horizon. They are designed to destroy the uninitiated. Make sure that you are aware of them, so that you will not fall. If you were to walk into familiar surroundings, you would know how to function there. If, however, your everyday surroundings become so unfamiliar that they are unrecognizable, you will be faced with challenges never seen before.
"Be prepared for ever-increasing changes that are soon to come. New challenges will require an ever-increasing depth to Our fellowship, so that you will function above the presented situations. Fear will be the predominant spirit that you will need to overcome. Replace it with trust in Me. Continually be renewed by My Word, so that you have a benchmark to work from when all is turned upside down. Anger and hatred will follow closely behind astonishment at what you are observing. Do not allow them a foothold in your heart, or you will not be able to hear Me clearly when I need you to know truth.
"You must remember that these are the times for which you have been created. I have been preparing you for this very moment in time. I am training and equipping you with My right hand. You will not fail, because I am with you.”
Ps. 10:17-18 AMP
17) O Lord, You have heard the desire and the longing of the humble and oppressed; You will prepare and strengthen and direct their hearts, You will cause Your ear to hear,
18) To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, so that man, who is of the earth, may not terrify them any more.
I Cor.3:18-20 NIV
18) Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise.
19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness,”
20) and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”
II Cor. 4:16-18 AMP
16) Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.
17) For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!],
18) Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting.
I Pe. 5:7-10 AMP
7) Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
8) Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
9) Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset—rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.
10) And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.
I usually seek out news items that come from sources other than mainstream television or radio reports. As I was updating myself the other day, I drew back for a moment to really make myself aware of what I was reading. As little as two or three years ago, some of the items that are news today would bring such fear and disgust, that they would be unbearable. Now, they are so common that we have become desensitized to their horror. We accept them as part of daily living.
There is no question that our world is changing at a rapid rate. Truth is, it will never be the same as it was, even as recently as ten years ago. Back then, there seemed to be familiar standards and reasonable responses to most situations. Now, receiving the news - whether on TV or other sources - is chilling because of illogical, almost inhuman actions, some almost unbelievably sadistic, which are presented as everyday occurrences.
Over the years, godlessness has taken its toll in our land to the point that we’ve become a people who would be unrecognizable as human, in many instances, if someone would observe us with even mid-twentieth-century eyes. We have changed drastically in our actions, in our responses to challenges, and even in how we resolve our conflicts. The single news category of children killing children, a horror that once was unthinkable and almost unheard of, has become a frequent event in today’s society. It has become so commonplace that the rational mind has had to either not think about it or place it somewhere with the unbelievable.
I am convinced that we, as the human race, are seeing the results of our sin in this land. I would almost go so far as to say that we have been turned over to our sin. If that is so, we haven’t seen anything compared to what is ahead.
We, those of us who have been in training to represent Jesus - the only antidote for what is occurring - must stop playing the “Christian” game; and accept the position intended for us while there is still time. Souls are in desperate need of a Savior. The world is screaming for answers. How we represent that Answer is up to us. Will we heed the wooing of the Lord and function as we were intended to function in the world in which we live, prodding ourselves to truly hear our directives; or will we continue to play “ostrich” and openly display our self-serving, disobedient hearts to the hopeless world?
Needing to start implementing what I have been taught,