“Few of you realize how you are supposed to live your lives. You have been given Jesus to show you the way for you to prosper. When He overcame death, He destroyed every stronghold that has any power over you. He demolished your enemies and provided the proper tools for you to live in absolute prosperity as I see prosperity. You have the means to tread on every demonic power, so that nothing can in any way harm you.
"Walk in the freedom that has been provided for you. Nothing has changed; Jesus still provides the same safety for you. Draw upon His power. Submit to His work. Find the situations around you that concern Him and allow His life to flow through you. See that eternal wealth demolish whatever comes against you over and over again, any time you need it. Your job is to praise Him in the midst of whatever He is doing for you.”
Matthew 5:38-48 NIV
38) “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’
39) But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40) And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.
41) If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
42) Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
43) “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44) But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45) that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteousness.
46) If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47) And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48) Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”
Matthew 11:12 KJV
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
2 Cor. 10:3-5 NIV
3) For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
4) The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
5) We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
The most violent act in the history of mankind was the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When we think of His death, we usually think of the way in which the soldiers made hamburger out of His flesh and hung Him on a cross. When we think of His resurrection, we think of the tomb and the stone that was rolled away. We have these holy card pictures of a white-robed man with sparkle dust all around Him, who emerges from the burial chamber with His arms in the air. The world says “big deal,” and people continue on their way without breaking stride.
The violence that occurred on the actual battlefield - the heavenly realms - was beyond our most active imaginations. Every demonic force executed their pent up vengeance on the One who they knew was God. It was their opportunity to release their sadistic hatred for what had been done to them in the eternal past. They were seizing their unbelievable opportunity to inflict horror on the One they hated most, knowing that their counterparts, the angels, had turned their backs while they gleefully took their turns.
When God the Father said “enough,” every demonic stronghold was shattered by the Word as it enforced its eternal authority throughout every region of heaven. Unfathomable havoc was implemented against every rebellion that ever existed. The demonic realm suffered a deathblow over any power they once had. It was violence personified.
All powers in that dark realm are still under the Lordship of Jesus. Whenever He is called upon to be the Truth in that world of lies on our behalf, the battle is already won. There is no struggle. There are no options for our enemies. It is finished! Praise His Holy Name!
Always calling on You, Jesus,