“Study My Word. Ponder it in your heart until it becomes part of you. Allow My Holy Spirit to show you insights into its deeper meaning. Guard your heart from anything that does not conform to My Word and My heart. You can rely on Who I am and what I have said. I always confirm My Word. Anything other than My Word is not to be held close to you, even if it sounds good or looks real.”
Psalm 106:12-15 AMP
12) Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.
13) But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them,
14) But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.
15) And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls and [thinned their numbers by] disease and death.
Psalm 111:2 NIV
Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Psalm 119:89 NIV
Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.
Psalm 119:160 NIV
All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6) in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 16:9 AMP
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
What we deeply believe will determine who we are, why we pray, how we pray, why we attempt to bring others to see who Jesus is; and cause us to form a perception of why He did all that He did. This perception will be a foundation for how we interpret the Word of God; and consequently, how we carry out what we have learned, also showing others that same perception.
Where we place God in our plans will determine how we perceive the nature and purpose of our salvation. Wrong perception in this area will cause us to flounder blindly in a fog of religious activity, striving to find purpose for our life at best, and actually working against the real desires of God at worst.
Train my heart to desire only Your true Words, Lord,