“Perilous times require adventurous people to counteract fear in the immature believer. You are heading for some perilous times, and it is time for you to make some decisions. What will you do when everyone else panics? Where will you find safety when everyone around you finds their strength in what they can do with their heads and their hands?
"You need to practice My presence now. You need to learn to remain on My lap until I release you with the answers that are needed to overcome the situation in My timing. You need to learn to hear My voice above the din created by the loud voices of carnal men and immature believers. I want you to realize something. If you are really following Me, you should have long ago considered yourself dead to everything that others long for. This world should hold nothing for you. You should be getting rid of those things that hold your attention, instead of acquiring more. You should be practicing to become a leader to those who will need answers when the paper leaders fail them. That power comes from being with Me.
"Become adventurous today. Quit holding on to things that will soon disappear. Hold on to Me. I will show you places that are marvelous, when others see only havoc. I will show you wondrous, high places that cannot be touched by carnal fears and insignificant terrors. I will make you adventurous when others are hamstrung with fear and confusion. I will impart My kind of strength to you. Your place is with Me, not with those who are hanging on to things that don’t matter. Time with Me is where the resources for your adventure will be found. Come to Me now.”
Hebrews 10:32-36 NIV
32) Remember those earlier days after you received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering.
33) Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated.
34) You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions.
35) So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
36) You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV
1) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3) Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
I wonder what the early church would think of the self-serving gospel that is being presented in most circles these days. I wonder how Paul would contend with the prosperity preachers who would proclaim that it was his lack of faith that landed him in prison. How many of them do you think came to him in his day, telling him to confess that he is free so that he could be? The immaturity of today’s doctrines is so apparent when placed alongside the maturity of those who understood their positions as believers and showed us a much better way.
From the moment Saul (Paul) was knocked down on his way to Damascus by the power of God, his adventure began. His feet were firmly placed on a new road to uncharted territory. He was on his way to living a life that few, if any, had experienced before - a life of death to self and alive to Christ and His ways. He led the way to the most prosperous life imaginable, designed in heaven and implemented by his Lord. Hidden danger, terrorizing threats, beatings, and imprisonment were no match for the wonder of trusting his Lord at every turn. He had found the greatest adventure of his life.
Our Father has shown us the success achieved at the end of Paul’s kind of life. Not very visible then but read about most every day since he lived it by those who need to learn how to really live God’s way.
Wanting to be part of an adventure with God,