“Timing is everything. You must listen to My heart and move when I tell you to move. I call you to respond when all is in order and everything is in place. Your obedience makes the difference between a good thing and a godly impact. Listen to My heart. Heed My command; then wait for My orders to move. Nothing can hinder Me as I move through obedient vessels, in My timing, with all My forces properly positioned.”
Joshua 6:1-5 NIV
1) Now Jericho was tightly shut up because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in.
2) Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men.
3) March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days.
4) Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.
5) When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have all the people give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the people will go up, every man straight in.
Isaiah 30:21 NKJV
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
We hate to wait, even if it is the Lord telling us to do so. Our lives are so hectic and our perspective is so short-sighted, that waiting on the Lord for His timing and responding at His command means little to us. We see little value and wisdom in waiting, so we trudge ahead of His plans - powerless to implement His work and ineffective in what we do.
Andrew Murray stated in his book, Waiting on God: “All the exercises of the spiritual life, our reading and praying, our willing and doing, have their value. But, they can go no farther than this, that they point the way and prepare us in humility to look to and depend upon God Himself, and in patience to wait His good time and mercy. The waiting is to teach us our absolute dependence upon God’s mighty working, and to make us, in perfect patience, place ourselves at His disposal. They that wait on the Lord will inherit the land; the promised land and its blessing. The heirs must wait; they can afford to wait.”
Show me truth, Lord,