“Bless someone today! Make an act of kindness to someone My priority for you today. Be led from your heart but wait for Me to tell you whom you are to bless. You may be surprised to whom I call you to show My love. Be ready!”
Rom. 12:9-21 NIV
9) Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
10) Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
11) Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12) Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
13) Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14) Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15) Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
16) Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17) Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
18) If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
19) Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
20) On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
21) Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
To do what the Father’s Heart is suggesting means that I must take my eyes off myself and even off the tasks that are my priority today. I am to seek Him as to the person I am supposed to bless. It should be the priority of my day. Then again, it should be the priority of every day if I truly follow Jesus.
If I forget to intentionally bless someone, if my blessing is an inconvenience or costs me nothing, or if I refuse to bless the one that the Lord chooses for me, it will reveal pretty much about my priorities and my obedience level, won’t it? If the idea of blessing someone else is new to me, it sure reveals my heart and the depth of my walk with the Lord.
Show me who and how, Lord,