“Are you part of the crowd, or are you setting yourself apart unto Me? I never approve of mediocrity. I cannot abide the lukewarm heart. I do not accept cold petitions and insincere praise. I am calling for deep devotion, first love adoration, and zealous involvement from those who claim to be Mine.
"There is still time. Turn your hearts to Me. Repent of your divided interests. Throw away the things of the world that have your attention. I will meet you right where you are. I will have mercy on you for as long as you desire, as you remain sincere in your turning from those things that are shown to be hindrances in your life.
"The call is out. I want you to dedicate yourself completely to Me. Submit to Me and I will accomplish My desire in you.”
Romans 2:4 NIV
….not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance?
I Th. 5:24 AMP
Faithful is He Who is calling you [to Himself] and utterly trustworthy, and He will also do it [fulfill His call by hallowing and keeping you].
James 4:8-10 AMP
8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
9) [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
10) Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].
Rev. 3:15-20 NIV
15) “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!
16) So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
17) You say, ’I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
18) I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19) Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be in earnest, and repent.
20) Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
What an incredible Lord God! How merciful He is to have so much patience with us. I love the open kindness and loving mercy that our Lord has for us. How many of us would endure people whom we call friends for as long as the Lord has endured our fickle hearts? Praise God for the blood of Jesus!
I am convinced that this generation is being pressed on all sides for the purposes of refinement. We are being called to really become who we have been saying we are for a long time. Now He is forming us for His purposes, for this time, for these people. How blessed we are to be part of the plans of God!
Teach me to respond properly when You call me, Lord,