“Is your life of eternal consequence to others? Are you affecting those around you in a positive way? When was the last time you sought My counsel about a small detail in your life? I know that you pray. I know that you seek Me when you are in need. What about the details of your life that still remain yours. You said that you will give Me everything. To Me, that means everything. What does it mean to you? Jesus never held anything as His own. That’s the kind of heart I require of you. I am looking for your absolute submission to Me. Then I can trust you to be part of what I desire to do in your circle of influence. I will direct you to a significant life for the sake of My Word and for the best interests of others.”
Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV
8) “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
9) “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Matthew 21:28-31 NIV
28) “What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
29) “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
30) “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will sir,’ but he did not go.
31) “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”
Matthew 25:23 NIV
"His master replied, `Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!’”
John 4:34 NIV
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.”
John 5:19-20 NIV
19) Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20) For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.”
A pure heart is in complete union with the heart of God and therefore comes to God for God’s reasons, and to facilitate only God’s desires. There are no personal agendas, no hidden motives, and no quiet longings for independence of any kind.
Prayer is never a laundry list of needs, but a quiet waiting to hear the desires of the Lord and a zeal to implement whatever is required. A person functioning with a pure heart never second guesses or questions anything the Lord does. He is completely satisfied with all things, knowing that his very personal Lord is in control.
Teach me to submit completely to You, Lord,