“Have you learned your purpose in life? Have you spent enough time with Me to know why I have given you breath to breathe? There is a reason you have been born. I desire that you use what you have been given to further My kingdom. You are to touch people for Me. You are to tell them about Jesus. Show them who He is by the way you live. When you have breathed all the breaths I have given you, when your purpose for life has been fulfilled, I will bring you to Me. I will then show you the purpose for your eternal life with Me, because you have been faithful to My will for you.”
Psalm 25:12 NIV
Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
Proverbs 16:9 AMP
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
Haggai 1:7-10 AMP
7) Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways (your previous and present conduct) and how you have fared.
8) Go up to the hill country, and bring lumber and rebuild [My] house, and I will take pleasure in it and I will be glorified, says the Lord [by accepting it as done for My glory and by displaying My glory in it].
9) You looked for much [harvest], and behold, it came to little; and even when you brought that home, I blew it away. Why? says the Lord of hosts. Because of My house, which lies waste while you yourselves run each man to his own house [eager to build and adorn it].
10) Therefore the heavens above you [for your sake] withhold the dew, and the earth withholds its produce.
Matthew 4:19-20 NIV
19) “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”
20) At once they left their nets and followed him.
So many people miss the wonder of why they have been born. In their ignorance, they fail to understand that every event, every situation - whether deemed a failure or a success - is an opportunity to further the kingdom of God through their lives.
God has a plan for each of us. Our lives are meaningful to Him. He wants each of us to matter in His plan for the world.
Have you found your destiny? Have you spent enough time with your Lord to realize your true purpose for living and then followed it with all of your heart? If not, why not?
Show me each step, Lord,