“Just a little longer and I will move. Stay the course. Do not become weary in well doing. Study the heart of Jesus so that when I move on your behalf, you will move in unison with His desires. Listen to My heart. Don’t attempt to force My hand. Too much is at stake for you to run ahead of My timing. Press in. I am waiting for all of your heart. Examine your motives. Sharpen your tools. Wait for My presence. I am with you.”
Psalm 106:12-15 AMP
12) Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.
13) But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them,
14) But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.
15) And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls and [thinned their numbers by] disease and death.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6) in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 16:9 AMP
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
Isaiah 48:3 NIV
“I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.”
Joshua 7:13 AMP
Up, sanctify (set apart for a holy purpose) the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves for tomorrow; for thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: There are accursed things in the midst of you, O Israel. You can not stand before your enemies until you take away from among you the things devoted [to destruction].
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth, must be whatever is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven.
In Psalm 106, leanness of the soul is a portrait of today’s church. So many of us become impatient with God. We stop waiting on Him to move on our behalf and take matters into our own hands. We run, empty-handed. We create programs without the presence of God. We move ahead of Him, never considering the consequences of not having fully developed plans in the heavenlies preceding us to make our path smooth. Then we wonder why nothing changes in our lives, or why we are powerless to overcome life’s situations.
Forgive our foolish hearts, Lord,