“Do you realize how wonderfully you’ve been made, how vastly different you are? Once you were darkness; your whole being was given over to the dark. Now you are light, not just cleaned up, but the opposite of dark. You are no longer part of any darkness. In the eternal future, you will function within light. There will be no need for any additional light other than Jesus, so you will function within Him. Your flowing together will bring His presence everywhere you go.
"I have a surprise for some of you. It is that way now. Whether you understand it or not, you bring Jesus with you everywhere you go in your world. How much He is revealed to that world is up to you. If you choose not to accept the wonder that has been done for you on the cross, that is to your detriment. I will allow you to remain there as long as you desire. If, however, you choose to function in the realm of light, I will be delighted to equip you fully. You are light. Why would you continue to function in darkness? You no longer belong there.”
John 8:42-47 NIV
42) Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.
43) Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
44) You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45) Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
46) Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?
47) He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
22) I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23) The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
24) The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.
25) On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.
26) The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.
27) Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
I keep forgetting the very essence of why I’m thankful this and every other day. As wonderful as all of the other reasons might be, I am so very grateful for what Jesus has done for me and to me.
Because He came, cared, conquered, and went home, my eternal future is very bright. Because He changed me, I can hear and communicate with His Father - my Father - any time I need to do so. What an astounding privilege!
So often, when I step back into the darkness and am buffeted beyond reason, it reminds me of a very basic fact. I no longer belong there. I don’t fit anymore.
Because of the work of the cross, you and I now belong in sweet fellowship with the One who is Light. We belong there forever; not because we are doing good; but because we have been recreated to be there.
Thank You, thank You, my Father. I am (we are) eternally grateful,