“If Jesus would return today, where would you stand? Do you think that you would go with Him, or would you be left behind? Let me ask you some questions? Is the priority of every moment of your life to submit to Him in every way, so that He comes back for an unblemished bride, without spot or wrinkle? Is looking for His return the most important thing in your life? Are you preparing for Him so that He is pleased, or so that you can go?
"Unfortunately, many in My church are filling their days by padding their comfort areas, instead of preparing for His return. You need to make sure that whatever you have in your hand is worth the price that you have placed on it. It may be far more expensive than you could possibly have guessed.”
Matthew 25:1-13 NIV
(1) “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
(2) Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
(3) The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
(4) The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
(5) The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
(6) “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
(7) “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
(8) The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
(9) “ ‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
(10) “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
(11) “Later the others also came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they said. ‘Open the door for us!’
(12) “But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’
(13) “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.”
Many of us have become so involved in the things of this earth that we have forgotten what is of true value. I know of people who are very afraid of losing what they have, meaning material possessions. That is a fear that is very well-founded and guaranteed to come true. To place our confidence in anything that is not considered eternally valuable by the Lord is pure foolishness.
Anyone who is the least bit aware of the promised events that will take place in the season called the end times need only look around. Many changes in our lives could happen swiftly, leaving little or no time to prepare for them. I believe it would be wise to readjust our priorities if they are not in line with our Lord’s priorities.
Teach me what is of value to You, Lord,