“As I take you to places that refine you, you must know that I have not forgotten you, even though it may seem as if you are alone. How you respond during these trying times determines how long you must remain there. Squirming and complaining shows your immaturity. Attitudes of defiance or anger show how much work needs to be done in your heart. Lack of faith in Me should drive you to study My Word.
"Times of refinement are for your good. They allow you to see how far you really are from the way you should be if you are a follower of Jesus. They show you your self-focus. They reveal benchmarks of your spiritual life. During these times, repent of any areas that are out of line with My Word. Stop complaining and grow up! I am making you more like Jesus! You should be rejoicing about My love for you, not complaining about the fires that refine you.”
2 Cor. 7:10 NIV
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
Eph 4:12-13 AMP
12) His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ’s body (the church),
13 [That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ’s own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ and the completeness found in Him.
Hebrews 12:2 NIV
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…
James 1:2-4 NIV
2) Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
3) because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
4) Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 4: 8-10 AMP
8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
9) [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
10) Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].
I Peter 4:12 AMP
Beloved, do not be amazed and bewildered at the fiery ordeal which is taking place to test your quality, as though something strange (unusual and alien to you and your position) were befalling you.
Rev. 3:19 AMP
Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].
Show me Your perspective on everything, Lord,