“Do not trust your thoughts! Your mind will play tricks on you, creating imaginations and lofty things that are against what I have established as truth. You need to discard them and throw them aside for the lies that they are. There is truth, if you make Me your priority. If you learn of My ways through the intimacy established for you by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, you will find it. I will write My truth on your heart.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6) in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 16:9 AMP
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
Isaiah 55:8 NIV
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 24:7 NIV
“I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.”
Jeremiah 31:33-34a NIV
33) “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34a) No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord.
1 Cor. 13:11 AMP
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.
II Cor. 10:5 AMP
… [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),…
Phil. 4:8-9 NIV
8) Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
9) Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Ephesians 1:17-19a NIV
17) I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
18) I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
19a) and his incomparably great power for us who believe…
People will be reached by our righteous living in their midst. We are an extension of His plan to draw all people to Himself. If we are not holy (righteous) in their midst, no one will see God.
Righteousness (a heart that desires holiness) means to be set apart. Any ungodly person can return evil for evil, or good for good. Only a godly person can return good for evil.
Righteousness is a spirit of God. It is a quality of God. It can only develop as we submit to God. Righteousness is a heart desire, not just deeds done in the spirit of religion or only for external appearances.”
Instill in me the desires of Your heart, Lord,