“It is once again time to watch and pray! You must shake yourself from the lethargy and slumber that is prevalent in My people. Now is the time to work while there is still light enough to do My will. I call you to holiness. I call you to Myself, so that I can show you how I would have you live in the perilous times ahead for your world. Nothing you hold on to will soon mean anything. Make time with Me your priority. Buy gold refined in the fire. I have salve for your eyes, so that you will be able to see clearly. Time is so very short. Wake up! Awaken others! Find those who see clearly and invest what you have in My work. Seek Me together. I will show you what to do. I will show you how to see as Jesus saw. I will show you how to live as Jesus lived.”
Matthew 16:22-23 NIV
22) Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
23) Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Out of my sight, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”
Matthew 16:24-25 AMP
24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].
25) For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
Matthew 26:43-46 NIV
43) When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy.
44) So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.
45) Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
46) Rise, let us go!...”
Rev. 3:18 NIV
I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
In the garden, Jesus looked past His own needs and saw the imminent darkness that was fast approaching. He urged those around Him to push past their immediate needs to watch and pray with Him. They needed the Father to be the goal and purpose of their lives. He characterized their lack of awareness to the peril as slumber.
Once again, a spirit of slumber has overtaken most of the church. Once again, immediate and personal needs have overshadowed the fast-approaching darkness. Most are unaware that twilight is upon us. Most cannot see that we are living in the closing hours before deep shadows lurk at every corner. Many will soon cower in fear. Many will find any kind of light that will give them some semblance of safety. Safety will not be found in any source except a solid, loving relationship with Jesus and our Father God.
Are you working with the heart of Father God while there is still light enough to do it with freedom? You must! Shake yourself awake to the peril that is once again fast approaching. Jesus is asking each of us to slumber no more. He sees what we cannot see. He calls us to His Father’s side, so that we can prosper throughout what is about to take place.
What are you hanging on to that is more important than doing your Father’s will? How are you investing your resources and your energies? Do you know for sure what He desires of you? Is your personal form of slumber stopping you from going to Him now? What part of your life are you hanging on to that is not yours to keep?
Awaken me, Lord,