According to the WHO website, close to 800,000 people commit suicide every year. That means that one person kills themselves every forty seconds. There are also indications that for each adult who died of suicide, there may have been more than twenty others who attempted to kill themselves.
• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes [US dept. of health/census]
• 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes [Center for Disease Control]
• 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes [Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools.]
• 43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]
• From 2005 to 2015, 27 of the deadliest mass shootings in America have been committed by young men. And as The Federalist’s Peter Hasson noted in 2015, 26 of these 27 men grew up without a father.
Between 40% and 70% of working police are divorced according to the Fellowship of Christian Police Officers website (FCPO)
40% of police are involved in domestic abuse (FCPO)
More police officers and first responders die by suicide than in the line of duty.
Thousands of veterans were reported as homeless each night (HUD report)
It is estimated that one military veteran commits suicide every hour of every day in the United States.